WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
1. In consideration for receiving permission to participate in volunteer activities planned and promoted by Heartland Kids Against Hunger (HEARTLAND KAH) I hereby release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue Heartland Kids Against Hunger, its officers, servants, agents and employees (hereinafter referred to as "releasees") from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions and causes of action whatsoever arising out of or relating to any loss, damage or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me, or to any property belonging to me, whether caused by the negligence of the releasees, or otherwise, while participating in the Event, or while in, on or upon the premises where the Event is being conducted, while in transit to or from the premises, or in any place or places connected with the Event.
2. I am fully aware of risks and hazards connected with being on the premises and participating in the Event, and I am fully aware that there may be risks and hazards unknown to me connected with being on the premises and participating in the Event, and I hereby elect to voluntarily participate in the Event, to enter upon the above named premises and engage in activities knowing that conditions may be hazardous, or may become hazardous or dangerous to me and my property. I voluntarily assume full responsibility for any risks of loss, property damage or personal injury, including death, that may be sustained by me, or any loss or damage to property owned by me, as a result of my being a participant in the Event, whether caused by the negligence of releasees or otherwise.
3. I hereby consent to being photographed, filmed and/or videotaped by representatives or agents of HEARTLAND KAH and I hereby consent to and authorize the use and reproduction by HEARTLAND KAH, or any individual or entity authorized by HEARTLAND KAH, of any and all photographs, film and/or videotapes taken of me. I understand that I will not receive any compensation for use of these in any promotional materials including, but not limited to brochures, newspapers or magazine advertisements, internet and/or television advertisements. I further understand that the negatives, photographs and videotapes shall be the property of HEARTLAND KAH and that HEARTLAND KAH shall own the copyright to all such materials.
4. I further hereby agree to indemnify and save and hold harmless the releasees and each of them, from any loss, liability, damage or costs they may incur due to my participation in the Event, whether caused by the negligence of any or all of the releasees, or otherwise.
5. It is my express intent that this Release shall bind the members of my family and spouse, if I am alive, and my heirs, assigns and personal representative, if I am deceased, and shall be deemed as a Release, Waiver, Discharge and Covenant Not to Sue the above named releasees. In signing this release, I acknowledge and represent that:
A. I have read the foregoing release, understand it, and sign it voluntarily of my own free will;
B. No oral representation, statements or inducements, apart from the foregoing written agreement, have been made;C. I am at least eighteen (18) years of age and fully competent, or a parent or guardian signing for under age children; and
D. I execute this Release for full, adequate and complete consideration fully intending to be bound by same.